Fine Arts Event: Ben Merens, Stories and Songs
- Sunday, September 19 at 1:30 PM
- Both in your business and personal lives, you are the stories you tell. There is an art to storytelling and the beauty of this art is that everyone is a storyteller, according to Ben. Join us as Ben Merens shares his stories (and the stories of others) through his singing and songwriting.
- Ben Merens has been a professional journalist for 32 years. He spent 21 of those years as a talk show host at Wisconsin Public Radio.
Genealogy Interest Group
- When you’re up to your eyeballs in census records, birth certificates, and obituaries, genealogy can feel like a very lonely pastime. But it doesn’t have to be! Join your fellow genealogists for an hour of sharing stories, celebrating successes, brainstorming solutions, and dismantling roadblocks. Open to beginning and experienced researchers alike. Meets in the Tolzman Community Room on the last Thursday of the month at 2:00 PM.
- September 30 at 2:00 PM: Digitizing and Preserving Your Family Photos
- October 28 at 2:00 PM
- November 18 at 2:00 PM @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
History's Hidden Women Book Club
- Get to know the women behind our science and history! Join us on Zoom for a book discussion at 6:30 PM every other month to learn more about one of history's hidden women. Register to receive the Zoom meeting link each month.
- October 14: Broad Band: The Untold Story of the Women Who Made the Internet by Claire Lisa Evans - REGISTER HERE!
- December 9: Enchantress of Numbers by Jennifer Chiaverini - REGISTER HERE! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Mequon-Thiensville Community Book Club
- Join us at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library as we offer a free monthly book discussion on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 1:30 PM in-person at the library. Hosted in conjunction with the Mequon-Thiensville Rec. Department.
- September 21: Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam
- October 19: The Big Finish by Brooke Fossey
- November 16: Conjure Women by Afia Atakora
- December 21: Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Hook, Yarn & Stitch - AM Session
- Join us at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library as we share tips and techniques for fiber art crafts together! This group is open to all skill levels. Meets the 1st Thursday of each month at 10:30 AM in the North Window seating area.
- September 2, October 7, November 4, December 2 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Hook, Yarn & Stitch - PM Session
- Whatever fiber art craft you enjoy, make progress virtually, together. Socialize and share your techniques with others! This group is open to all skill levels. Meets the 3rd Thursday each month at 6:30 PM. Register to receive the Zoom meeting link each month.
- September 16 - REGISTER HERE!
- October 21 - REGISTER HERE!
- November 18 - REGISTER HERE!
- December 16 - REGISTER HERE! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Weyenberg Movie Matinee
- Whether it's an old favorite or that film you missed in theaters, you'll find something to love at the library's Movie Matinees. Showings are on the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month at 3:00 PM.
- September 3: Nomadland
- September 17: Judas and the Black Messiah
- October 1: A Quiet Place, Part II
- October 15: Minari
- November 5: Cruella
- November 19: Tenet
- December 3: In the Heights
- December 17: The Way Back
- Is your device or laptop doing something strange? Are you having trouble with a program or app? Drop by our Wednesday 1-0-1 for up to 15 minutes of one-on-one help from a librarian. We can troubleshoot issues, explain features, and more. Timeslots are first come, first serve.
- September 15, October 20, November 17, December 15 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
iCan! Tutorials for the Tech Newbie
- Join us this fall for one of our iCan! classes. Meets in the Tolzman Community Room on the 1st Thursday of the month at 2:00 PM.
- September 2: Smartphone Basics
- Learn about icons, apps and more in this basic class on Apple and Android phones. You are welcome to bring your phone with you, but not required.
- October 7: Windows 10
- Windows 10 is very different from its predecessors. In this class, we will discuss the basics of Windows 10. You are welcome to bring your computer with you, but not required.
- November 4: Being Safe Online
- In many ways, the internet is a perfectly safe place to shop, connect, and conduct business. But there are some precautions you can take to keep yourself even safer. Learn how to avoid potential pitfalls of using the internet in this presentation.
- December 2: Smartphones 201: Beyond the Basics
- If you already know how to use your smartphone to make calls, go online, and download apps, it’s time to step up your game! Comeand learn about the secret settings you didn’t know you had, cool apps you haven’t heard of, and your very own AI Girl Fridays, Siri and Google Assistant.
The Retirement Classroom
- The Retirement Classroom is a leading educator of topics relevant to today’s retiree. We bring top professionals in the retirement market to provide the community non-biased education instead of a sales pitch. The Retirement Classroom commits itself to preparing today’s retirees to be well-informed and confident in planning and carrying out their retirement aspirations and strategies.
- Tuesday, September 28 at 6:00 PM - Getting to Know Medicare
- Navigating your way through Medicare's rules, options, and insurance market can seem impossible. You can quickly get lost attempting to make sense of the A's, B's, C's, and D's of Medicare and the Open Enrollment Periods. By attending this class you'll learn: how the different parts of Medicare (A, B, C, D) work, what insurance options you have, tips on budgeting for healthcare in retirement, and how Open Enrollment and Guaranteed Issue Periods work.
- Monday, October 11 at 6:00 PM - Social Security and Taxes in Retirement
- The #1 stressor regarding Americans and their retirement is the fear of running out of money. With Pensions leaving the marketplace, Americans are entering retirement with their two largest buckets of money being their Social Security benefits and their pre-tax retirement savings (401(k), IRA, etc.). Sequencing your income from these buckets in the most beneficial way may allow your retirement savings to last longer. By attending this class you'll learn: the ways to collect Social Security and how it is taxed, costs and benefits of delaying collection of Social Security and/or pre-tax retirement savings, and different types of Retirement Income strategies.
iCan! Instructional Videos
- Looking for a way to learn new skills or brush up on your technology skills? View one of our iCan! tutorials on the FLWLIB YouTube channel. Videos are posted on the first and third Fridays of the month at 3:00PM. Handouts are available in the video description.
- FLWLIB YouTube Channel @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>