Virtual Battle of the Books: Summer Edition
The Frank L. Weyenberg Library Battle of the Books is open to students who will be in 5th-8th for the 2020-2021 school year.
Teams will consist of 2-4 players.
- Teams can sign up through July 31.
- You can register your team by e-mailing Chelsea at email@example.com or by filling out your information at the following link: https://forms.gle/njY9ixmYM6tPFJ2w9
- Team registration will be available in-person at the Reference Desk or by phone when the library re-opens.
- You do not have to be a resident of Mequon-Thiensville to participate in the event.
- Each team must have an adult Team Manager. The Team Manager will be responsible for making sure the books are read, scheduling practice sessions if needed, and will be the contact person between the team and the library. A team must have a Team Manager at time of registration.
- Due to circumstances regarding COVID-19, the Battle of the Books will take place virtually, and teams should plan accordingly. See below for details.
Each team will be responsible for reading all the books on the Book list. It is not necessary for each team member to read all the books.
Copies of all the books are available at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library or by request through the Monarch Library System.
- The Virtual Battle of the Books will be administered using the Kahoot! Platform.
- Each team will receive a unique Battle link to participate on Wednesday, August 19 at 12:00PM. Teams have until Friday, August 21 to complete their Battle submission.
- The adult team captain is responsible for coordinating how, when, and where their team completes their Battle submission. Teams may choose to complete their Battle over video chat (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) using screen sharing or in person as a team. It is up to the individual teams discretion. Options and instructions will be included in an e-mail following registration.
- Teams need to provide their own device in the form of a smartphone, tablet, or personal computer with internet or data connectivity. A personal account is not required to use the Kahoot! platform. Detailed instructions for using Kahoot! for the Battle will be sent in advance and a “test” Battle will be sent the week of August 10-14.
- The Battle will consist of 50 questions and teams will have 60 seconds to answer each question. Scoring for each question is based on answering correctly and efficiently. The most important factor to your score is answering correctly. Teams will see their score as they progress through the Battle.
- Final scores and standings will be released as soon as possible following all registered teams completion of the Battle.